Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bascially 14 weeks Prego!

By now the announcement is basically out. Spencer and I are having a baby! We are due August 4, 2013 and couldn't be happier! You can kinda see a belly forming now, which is new this week!I am so excited to become a mother. So here is the story of everything that has been going on. I have been baby hungry for almost two years now, but waited until after Cambodia to really start thinking and trying anything. Stopped taking birth control a month left while in Cambodia and didn't want to be back on it. After that Spencer and I talked and I told him that I am ready to have a baby. So a year goes by and nothing happens/ my body was all out of wack. I won't go into to much detail because I am sure you don't want to all hear about it. It was really hard for me and I had some hard days of not being pregnant. Especially when I saw a friend or someone around me announce that they were pregnant. I just couldn't wait or take it any more, so I finally decided it's time to go see a doctor for some help. I am so glad that I did and wished I went sooner, but everything I've read said it can take some time to get pregnant and wait to go see a doctor until after a year. While we were in Utah last summer, I went to my OBGYN guy that I saw before we moved to GA. He told me we needed to run some tests and then decide from there what to do. I decided since we were only there for one more month to just get a regular checkup. I didn't want to start things, and then leave to find another doctor to continue. So we wanted until we got back, find an awesome OBGYN practice that were so kind and there for us. We went to talk to the doctor and he said it sounded like I am not ovulating since my period wasn't regular at all. Which never happened to me before I took birth control so I blame it all on that. Anyways, he prescribe me some meds to get me to ovualte and told us that it might take a few months to actually have success at getting pregnant. So I went and took the meds and then it all worked out the first time I took them! I was so happy and elated! We found out that we were pregnant about a week after Thanksgiving. The whole first month and probably the whole first trimester (I know that I am barely in the second but still) I was so scared of having a miscarriage. Well that didn't happen and everything is wonderful. I am feeling great, got really lucky and only had nausea not actual sick until Monday and yesterday. I do get headaches more frequently, but besides that I am just so happy I get to become a mom in August. I am so grateful the Lord has blessed Spencer and I with one of his children. I cannot wait to find out the gender (coming Feb. 25 our next appt. and first ultrasound!)Now all I need is some help and guidance with some things. Like what did you wear while you were pregnant. I am in the transition of not really being comfortable in my jeans, but can still basically fit. Most of my skirts don't fit anymore and I need more since I am teaching seminary. Where did you buy stuff cause we are on a tight budget, but I know I need to buy some new clothes. If you have any other advice that you really thought helpful, please do share. Thanks for all the love and support. Spencer and I couldn't be happier!

1 comment:

  1. I am loving all of the updates on facebook, Insta, and the blog! We are SO excited for you guys! I've heard that Forever 21 maternity line is pretty affordable and cute?

    ReplyDelete